• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm Done.........

I help maintain several miles of trail for my hometown snowmobile club and due to logging I had to reroute several miles of trail last fall. A lot of work for a trail that wasn't used this season. Come next season the logging will be completed so the trail will be moved back and I'm sure that will require resigning what the logging knocked down. Winter could have informed me it was taking some time off before I did all that work.

You're not the only one Grizz, I think of all the thrashing our club does each year to get things ready and although we were up and rolling a number of times it was a fraction of the riding we usually get in.
There is always 2017.
MS

even up here in Quebec city, its done in 7 days max... that'll be a really bad year.. but the motorcycles are ready..and i still got in 4000 miles.. so i'm not too sad

Guess that might be one of the few percs of living in the north country up here. Never had a winter where we couldn't ride. Sometimes a later start like early Jan vs Early Nov but there's never been a winter where we couldn't go. Not far south of me this year they couldn't ride but that's not uncommon either.

To bad on the work you put into rerouting the trail will have a good alternate route next year if nothing else. Still sucks you couldn't use though.

Geez 130-140 rounds of golf is a good down payment on a new sidewinder.lol. Never played a round of golf in my life so I can't get to excited when the courses open here.lol.. Got a set of clubs at a auction a few years ago in with some other stuff they're the wrong hand for me though all bets are off as to where the balls gona land when I start swingeing home quarters 160 acres so at least I don't have to worry about breaking any windows.lol..

Both times I went north we had to get above Huntsville Ontario to get good snow and still with the slow start and warmer temperatures this year not all the trails up there were open. Many of the lake trails were closed. I also made a couple trips up to Tug Hill but they didn't have a good year there either and when their conditions did improve it got hammered with traffic because it was the only place to ride.

golf is a whole other beast.. one day i'll get back into it but gotta work...:bling

My year consisted of 5 trips around the house. We had good-great snow, but a knee surgery sure can get in the way of riding.

My year consisted of 5 trips around the house. We had good-great snow, but a knee surgery sure can get in the way of riding.

Yea, I started the season out recovering from shoulder surgery that I had the end of October. My first ride out resulted in a minor incident where I was tossed over the bars entering a corner. With the bad shoulder I didn't have the strength to control the sled. I'm lucky that didn't require additional surgery.

Last edited:
snowmobile trail runs on my property and goes to the lake, so I hope to get to camp one more time via the sled. I know I can trailer north of the city and still ride

Geez 130-140 rounds of golf is a good down payment on a new sidewinder.lol. Never played a round of golf in my life so I can't get to excited when the courses open here.lol.. Got a set of clubs at a auction a few years ago in with some other stuff they're the wrong hand for me though all bets are off as to where the balls gona land when I start swingeing home quarters 160 acres so at least I don't have to worry about breaking any windows.lol..

Actually golfing is a very inexpensive pastime. Since I have a membership it ends up costing me around $6/day. So what can one do where you get 3.5- 4 hours of entertainment/exercise for that kind of money? I walk too, no riding around in carts.

Last year gambling winnings were way more than green fees.LaLaLa

All I hear around here is anywhere from 40-80 bucks some even higher for fancier courses if you had a yearly membership prices would come down some but then you're locked into one course all the time. Lots of people go but its not my cup if tea.

Back