• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm Done.........

Not quite done here... but probably very soon. This was yesterday.
vlcsnap-00008.jpg

vlcsnap-00027.jpg

vlcsnap-00012.jpg

Yup done here also.............. Screw this good for nothin' winter.. 500 miles.. My lowest total in 30+ years of riding. MM.

Will someone who has a good therapist ask them why I find all of this so depressing?

Seriously, I think sports like ours and forums like this are populated by really passionate, energetic, idealistic people. Or shall I say ADD, ADHD, OCD, .........ETC. It ends because it has to and every new beginning has even greater potential than what is passing.

BUT I STILL HATE IT!

I don't mind the season ending because I have other passions but for many of us the season never really started. Normally here in WNY we get a good 8+ week of good riding but this year most areas didn't get 8 days. That's disappointing.

72 degrees here today. I might have to go for a ride.
icon_moped.gif

Our Ottawa season has for sure ended....although not sure if it ever started
Going to try and squeeze one more Quebec ride this weekend

Put my sled away two weeks ago now and the boats out. Wont be long and I'll be fishing in it.

I've been riding since 92. The first thing I learned about this hobby is to "" EMBRACE THE DISAPOINTMENT ""#$%&*:o|

X2 on that VooDoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Line skidder and loader is all that's in the bush right now. Should've had the cat up there too but there's only 10-20 cords left on the landing so its not worth bring it up to snow plow. Break up is also a uncertainty so were not cutting any more at the moment. Just a family operation that logs in the winter and saws lumber as well as farm in the summer.

I fell trees by hand and skid everything to the landing on my own while Mom and Dad cut everything to length on the landing and haul it home. Good timber and good conditions we can do a semi load a day. Conditions are anything but great right now though.
That's what i do for a living,only on private land lately,been doing this for years.

Actually golfing is a very inexpensive pastime. Since I have a membership it ends up costing me around $6/day. So what can one do where you get 3.5- 4 hours of entertainment/exercise for that kind of money? I walk too, no riding around in carts.

Last year gambling winnings were way more than green fees.LaLaLa

That doesn't work for me, don't get many takers on "wana bet I don't make this shot"

That doesn't work for me, don't get many takers on "wana bet I don't make this shot"

Yeah that is a poor gambling strategy.

We almost always have some kind of skin game going and my motto is: "Every shot is a good shot,.............according to someone's point of view". (If you are a golfer who plays skins games you will get it)

I took the wife's bike out for a little spin today. Couldn't resist with the temperature in the 70's

IMG_3236.JPG

Last edited:
We had are trails here in McHenry County Illinois open for a whole 43 hours. We opened and after 43 hours closed! I have been are clubs trail master for I believe its been 15 years now and really starting to wonder why! All of our markers and such have to be put up and taken down every year! If we have enough members out we can get it put up in 3 weekends. Thank God they come down alot faster than they go up! I am really getting tired and frustrated and now that the state of Illinois suspending our operating grant money again I ask why? I did ride this year though, put on 1700 miles on the new to me Nytro! That was accomplished by driving 5hrs north on Friday, ride Saturday, drive 5hrs home on Sunday for 8 weekends in a row! Wow thank you all for letting me vent!
P.S. Grizz how can I get one of your gusset kits? I would like to get the Nytro's sub frame reinforced before I bend it! It's a 2010 RTX SE.

Back