• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm Done.........

Took this pic this afternoon still hanging in there yet. Gona be a mess the next week though I suspect. Hopefully it just warms up and goes. Never tried this from my phone so don't fault me if it don't work lol.

image.jpg

I spoke with a fellow last week who told me they were still grooming in Cochrane so this past weekend myself and one of my guys from work loaded up the sleds and headed up there. Sure enough, even though there were patches of grass and dirt here and there, in general, the trails were pretty good!

Looks like the Weatherman is giving us another week of below zero so we'll be back next weekend! 100 more miles to complete the break-in!
thumbsup.gif

YC5.jpg

YC6.jpg

YC7.jpg

Last edited:
Northern Ontario here. Swamps and river crossings are open - we're done.

Time to prep the trials bike!

Thinking of driving to Cochrane this weekend .
Is it still good up there ?
Is there accomodations available ?

I spoke with a fellow last week who told me they were still grooming in Cochrane so this past weekend myself and one of my guys from work loaded up the sleds and headed up there. Sure enough, even though there were patches of grass and dirt here and there, in general, the trails were pretty good!

Looks like the Weatherman is giving us another week of below zero so we'll be back next weekend! 100 more miles to complete the break-in!
thumbsup.gif

YC5.jpg

YC6.jpg

YC7.jpg
Where are you driving from to get there ?
Didn't see your pics and post ,before I posted .
It is supposed to be cold this week , and hopefully they get a touch of snow .

Where are you driving from to get there ?
Didn't see your pics and post ,before I posted .
It is supposed to be cold this week , and hopefully they get a touch of snow .

I'm driving from Timmins ~ 1 hour away. Dunno about accommodations. Try the North Adventure Inn perhaps? It is right on the trail.

Is Timmins no good ?
Cochrane is only an 8 hour drive from home , with an additional stop in Muskoka , to pick up the sleds .

Quite desperate here in Timmins. Keep an eye on the OFSC map. Long range weather does not look too bad. 10-15 cm on Apr 3rd.

what is the local scuttlebutt in Cochrane , about how long they will keep grooming , if the temps are cold , as forecasted , and keep getting some snow ?

I have never been there , and it looks like they are the only ones still open , if I try to salvage this season .

What's that little yellow section up at the north end of the loop ?

Is there gas up there ?

There is a "lodge" on the other side of the dam that sells regular @ $2.50/litre. Not sure what it is called or how to determine if it is open. I'll see what I can find out.

The little yellow section indicates "trail sucks here" ;)

thumbsup.gif

YC5.jpg

YC6.jpg

YC7.jpg

Did you happen to see the Sidewinder when it was up in Timmins /
If so , did you hear it running ?

Back